Free canadian car insurance quotes
Years of experience: To get the best vehicle insurance premium, you have to build a history that shows you are not a high-risk driver. This takes time. Young drivers typically start off by being listed as an occasional driver on their parent's vehicle to get those ever-valuable years of experience.
- Car Insurance For Your Teen
Your driving record: The number of years you've been licensed and whether or not you've had any convictions (traffic violations) or been involved in at-fault collisions. If you have a clean driving record, your premium will be lower than if you've had a conviction or accident.
- At Fault Accident Rules: 10 Common Accidents And Who Is At Fault
The car you drive: Like drivers, vehicles are rated differently too. Insurance works this way because theft rates, vehicle safety ratings, and the historical repair costs for a vehicle can vary significantly.
- The Most Environmentally Friendly Canadian Cars
- Which Cars Hold their Value the Best?
If you're shopping for a car, you can easily compare quotes for multiple vehicles, side by side. It's never been easier to see how rates differ between vehicles.
The amount of time you spend on the road: The more time you spend on the road, the greater the chance you'll be in a collision. If you work close to home (or take public transit), chances are you'll pay a lower rate than someone who commutes an hour a day, each way.
Where you live and drive: If you live in a rural area, chances are you'll pay less than someone who lives and drives in a city where there are more drivers on the road, and the likelihood of getting into a collision is higher. Also, more vehicles tend to be stolen in urban areas.
- Moving? Where You Live Affects How Much You Pay In Insurance
- Top 10 Most Expensive Cities for Car Insurance In Ontario
Web Browser Requirements
To fully enjoy your Canadian Direct Insurance website visit and for your Internet security, we recommend using the latest supported browsers. Please note that we do not support Beta or test versions of browsers.
While the webste does use a cookie to track your province (BC/AB) selection, they are not required to use the website.
The web site is currently not optimised for any mobile device at this time.
Minimum Web Browser Versions
As of the beginning of 2016, there's coverage for that! Ride-sharing insurance plans have just arrived in Canada, and LowestRates.ca is one of the few places where you can purchase them. Ride-sharing insurance is designed specifically for drivers who use their personal vehicles to transport paying passengers.
Here's why you need to buy ride-sharing coverage:
- Your personal auto insurance policy doesn't cover you if you ride-share (and could be cancelled at any time).
- A commercial auto insurance policy (used by taxi services) is way too expensive for the average ride-share driver.
- Ride-sharing insurance gives you and your passengers the coverage you need -- at a price you can afford (many ride-sharing plans are less than $100 per month).
Ride-share drivers can call 1-844-277-0404 to learn more and get a quote.