Insurance quotes instant car
- Hit the road with the right car insurance policy
- Car insurance coverage types
- How car insurance rates are set
- Shopping for auto insurance
- When You Need Multiple Auto Insurance Quotes in an Instant
- You Need Auto Insurance
- Instant Auto Insurance Quotes
- We cater to both the newly insured and those switching policies
- Regularly reevaluate your car insurance coverage
- How CarInsuranceQuotes.com finds great rates for you
- Compare premium costs easily
- Use our expert car insurance resources
Hit the road with the right car insurance policy
Auto insurance is a must if you own a car. Most states require you to carry insurance, and without it, you face financial disaster if you cause a serious accident and get sued.
Car insurance can also pay to repair your vehicle if it gets damaged in a crash or natural disaster, like hail or wildfire, or is vandalized or stolen.
Car insurance coverage types
One policy can include several types of coverage.
Liability insurancepays for others' damage and injuries when you cause an accident. Most states require you to carry at least a minimum level of bodily injury and property damage liability coverage. See states minimum car insurance requirements.
The coverage limits are expressed as three numbers. Limits of 25/50/25, for example, would provide up to $25,000 per person injured in an accident, up to $50,000 of coverage for injuries per accident and $25,000 for property damage per accident. Remember, liability insurance pays out to other people; it does not cover you, your passengers or your car.
Personal injury protection (PIP) or medical payments (MedPay) coverage pays the medical bills for you and your passengers after a car accident, regardless of who caused the crash. PIP also covers lost wages and funeral costs. Some states require you to buy PIP or MedPay.
Uninsured motorist (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM)comes to the rescue if you're hit by a driver who has no insurance or not enough coverage. UM pays your medical bills if you're injured in an accident caused by an uninsured driver. UIM kicks in if your medical expenses exceed the other driver's liability coverage limits. UM and UIM are required in some states.
Uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD)covers your car if an uninsured driver hits you, but the coverage isn't available in every state. Roughly one in eight drivers is uninsured, according to a 2014 Insurance Research Council report.
Collision coverage pays to repair your own vehicle after a crash. It's an optional form of coverage, although your car-loan lender might require you to have it. Collision will kick in if you hit a tree, for example. Or, if an uninsured driver hits you and you don't have UMPD, you could make a collision claim for your car's repairs. Any collision payment will be reduced by the amount of your collision deductible.
Comprehensive coverage has a misleading name because it applies only to certain circumstances. It pays out if your car is stolen (and not recovered) or damaged by a natural disaster, if you hit an animal or if your car is vandalized. Like collision, comprehensive is optional, but your lender might require it. Here too, a comprehensive claim payment will be reduced by the amount of your deductible.
Roadside assistance and other extras can come in handy in a pinch. Roadside assistance covers towing and emergency roadside service when your car breaks down. Rental reimbursement pays for a rental car while your car is in the shop after a covered accident. Gap coverage kicks in if the insurer declares your car a total loss, and the payout from the insurance company for the vehicle's actual cash value is less than the amount you owe on the car loan. See: Save yourself some car insurance grief: Buy gap coverage.
How car insurance rates are set
The price you pay for car insurance depends on the type and amount of coverage you buy, the deductible for collision and comprehensive insurance, the kind of vehicle you own and the characteristics of you and the other drivers listed on the policy. Here are the most and least expensive 2016 vehicles to insure.
Factors that insurers generally consider when setting your rate include:
- Your driving record. Speeding tickets and other infractions increase premiums.
- Your accident and claims history. There's no point trying to hide your previous problem. Insurers will access your C.L.U.E. report to find out your claims for the past seven years.
- Your credit record. A good credit history helps keep premiums low. Insurers say there is a link between spotty credit history and the likelihood of filing claims. Not all states allow credit to be a factor in auto insurance pricing.
- Your age. Rates are highest for teenagers because they are risky drivers. Their crash rate per mile driven is about three times that of drivers age 20 and older, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Rates begin to drop around age 25, and you'll likely enjoy the best rates in your 50s and early 60s.
- Your sex. Young women usually qualify for lower rates than young men, but the difference diminishes with age.
- Where you live. Car insurance rates vary widely by state and also by ZIP code. Insurers base rates on where the car is garaged.
- How much you drive. Your daily commute and annual mileage will affect your rate. The more your car is on the road, the greater your chance for a claim.
Shopping for auto insurance
Consider your assets when deciding how much liability insurance to buy. The state minimum requirements for coverage are too low for many people. Collision and comprehensive insurance are important for newer vehicles but usually aren't cost-effective for clunkers.
Shop around for car insurance quotes - rates, policy options and customer service vary by insurer. Insure.com's customer satisfaction ratings reveal which insurers get the highest marks.
And make sure you take advantage of discounts in order to lower your bill. Typical discounts include those for multiple vehicles on a policy, auto safety features, antitheft devices and good students. You might also be able to get a discount for paying in full, buying home insurance with the same insurer, or being a customer for a few years or more.Do you need PIP or MedPay coverage? By Penny Gusner, Insure.com / Apr. 3, 2017 RELATED ARTICLES
- Are insurance settlements taxable?
When You Need Multiple Auto Insurance Quotes in an Instant
The demands of your busy life are such that you simply don’t have the time, patience, or the inclination to make multiple phone calls or take several time-consuming trips all over town just to get the auto insurance quotes you need to ensure that you don’t pay too much for your auto insurance coverage.
The popularity of the Internet makes it easier than ever before to quickly gather multiple auto insurance quotes from a variety of insurers. This enables you to shop the market for the best combination of price, features, and coverage available anywhere on the web. Unfortunately, compiling multiple quotes from some of the companies that are vying for your business can be a daunting process. While the number of quality auto insurance companies on the web is almost unlimited, so is the length of time it could take you to compile all of the quotes you’ll need in order to make an informed decision.
InstantQuotes.com makes the process a breeze. With the ease and the simplicity of filling out one online form, we take care of shopping the market for you and letting you quickly know which companies are best positioned to provide the low-cost auto insurance coverage that will protect the investment you’ve made in your automobile.
You Need Auto Insurance
There’s little doubt that you need auto insurance. Life is simply too unpredictable not to protect an investment as large or as important as your automobile. One moment you could be happily going about your business; the next you could be explaining to a police officer what happened. Collisions and other accidents take place with stunning regularity. An accident can take place without warning – and without auto insurance your investment could be at risk. In addition, other factors beyond your control such as the vehicle damage caused by runaway carts, storm damage, vandals, or even thieves could wreak havoc on your personal finances in the absence of insurance to protect you.
It doesn’t matter if your reasons for seeking auto insurance quotes is because you’re considering a new vehicle purchase or you’d like to find a way to trim your budget, InstantQuotes.com can put you in the driver’s seat with multiple quotes in an instant. We’ll help keep you in compliance with mandatory auto insurance laws and – if your vehicle is financed – lender requirements, while protecting you in the event that you suffer a loss.
Instant Auto Insurance Quotes
When you fill out our easy quote form, please be as thorough as you can. The more accurate the information you give us, the easier it will be for us to provide you with a meaningful quote. Also keep in mind that there are four basic auto insurance coverages that will have the largest impact on your premium:
- Collision – This coverage will pay to repair your vehicle in the event that you have an accident that is determined to be your fault.
- Liability – This coverage will pay to repair other vehicles involved in an accident that is determined to be your fault.
- Comprehensive – Coverage for specific damages that could occur due to a cause other than a collision. For instance, if you park your car on a parking lot while shopping and it gets keyed or is struck by a runaway cart, your comprehensive coverage would help to repair the damages to your vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist / Underinsured Motorist – This coverage is vitally important because approximately 15% of the vehicles on the road today are being driven by motorists without coverage or too little coverage to pay for any damage that could be caused in the event of an accident that is caused by them.
InstantQuotes.com is your one-stop source for multiple auto insurance quotes in an instant. To see how much you could potentially save, please fill out the handy quote form at the bottom of this page. We’ll quickly shop the market for the best coverage for your needs and put you in command, in control, and in the driver’s seat – in an instant.
CarInsuranceQuotes.com makes comparing car insurance quotes from different insurance providers fast and easy!
It’s simple: If you drive a car, you need car insurance. Almost every state in the U.S. requires that drivers have at least basic liability coverage. You should also consider additional coverages, such as uninsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, personal injury protection and comprehensive car insurance to make sure you’re always prepared for the unexpected.
Depending upon your circumstances, you may need more than just the basics. We help you find the right insurance rates that meet all of your needs. Simply provide us with some basic information and we’ll deliver free car insurance quotes for you to compare and consider.
We cater to both the newly insured and those switching policies
If you’re buying insurance for the first time, we help you find carriers with coverage plans that make sense for your situation.
Already have auto insurance coverage? We can help with that as well by giving you quotes that may save you money.
Regularly reevaluate your car insurance coverage
Even if you think your current insurance coverage is fine, it never hurts to explore your options. Many things affect auto insurance rates, including:
- Moving to a new state.
- Getting married.
- Getting a new job closer to home.
- Your credit score.
- Purchasing a new car that has modern safety features such as anti-lock brakes, air bags, and an alarm system.
Taking a defensive driving course or just improving your driving record on your own may also affect insurance rates. Even buying a home can change what you pay in auto insurance.
No matter your situation, it pays to shop around for car insurance quotes at least once a year. Insurance companies adjust rates all the time which means the amount you paid for coverage last year may be lower this year.
How CarInsuranceQuotes.com finds great rates for you
We make getting the lowest car insurance quote and comparing rates from insurance companies quick and easy. We respect your privacy, and always keep your personal information secure. All we need from you are answers to a few questions, such as:
- Your age and gender
- Your marital status and education level
- Your credit rating
- Your occupation
- Your driving history, along with the history of other drivers in the household
- Your vehicle make and model
We also need your ZIP code and the best way of contacting you. We take it from there.
We connect you with local and national insurance companies ready to provide quotes quickly and accurately, within just a few minutes. You receive information from multiple carriers, all by filling in one form on our site. Our free car insurance quotes come from many different insurance companies, including the nation’s top insurers including Allstate, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, and Esurance.
Compare premium costs easily
Comparing car insurance quotes can be confusing and frustrating. We make it straightforward and simple. The best way to find a great price is by looking at several quotes, all based on the same data input, side-by-side. This way you’ll never pay more than you have to for auto insurance.
Use our expert car insurance resources
In addition to giving you quotes, CarInsuranceQuotes.com also offers expert news, information and articles about auto insurance to keep you informed. After viewing our resources, if you think you deserve better insurance rates, sign up for free car insurance quotes today.