Motor car insurance south africa
Compare Car Insurance Quotes in South Africa with InsurAcar
Welcome to Insuracar.co.za! Here we will try to help you get the best South African car insurance quotes available at the lowest possible rates. The vehicle cover industry in South Africa is very large industry, and you have a wide variety of companies to choose from, therefore, it can be quite time-consuming to manually find the best rates. Don’t worry though – we are here to help you!
What We Do
Here at InsurAcar, we have several very experienced and professional agents ready to help customers like you. They deal with vehicle insurance companies in South Africa every day and know what companies have special discounts or promotions available. All they need from you is a few personal details to know what type of policy you are after. With this information they can start looking for the best policy and quotes for you. The agent will contact you after a short while to reveal the best quotations out there. Of course, this is all done at NO COST OR OBLIGATION to you, while you go on with your daily routine. So go on and complete this form to receive your quotes, or feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
What is Car Insurance?
This is a kind of protection that one can get to cover their cars, motorcycles, trucks or any other type of road transportation. It will cover all the necessary costs in case of damage on the vehicle in case of accident or third party incidents like theft. A policy like this is very handy in case of an emergency and saves you from unexpected damage repair costs. It also covers you when your motor gets stolen and covers your passengers, pedestrians and other drivers on the road.
It can help to keep your mind at peace in case of an accident – because money should be the least of your problems when something like this happens.
Types of Cover
- Third Party Cover – This type of cover will only cover damage to a third party or their property
- Third Party + Fire & Theft – This policy will cover your vehicle in case of damage due to fire, theft and hijacking. It also includes third party protection as mentioned above.
- Comprehensive cover – This is considered the highest level of cover and usually covers all the above and damage due to vandalism, accidents etc.
Guidelines When Choosing A Policy
- Before driving your new motor from the dealer, make sure you motor is insured.
- If you are a driver under the age of 25 and driving a high-performance automobile, you might not get cover at some companies, or your premium may be extremely high.
- Talk to your broker about how you can save on your premium. By decreasing on you risk profile, you will be able to save some money.
- If you use your vehicle very often, it will increase your risk profile. Thus, make sure if you drive to work and back, purchase a private cover. If you use your car to go and see clients, buy business cover.
- Make sure the driver that drives the motor most of the time are the insured.
- Include all additional accessories in your cover that is not factory fitted like Mags, Radios, etc.
- When your company asks you to take your car to an inspection center, make sure you have a copy of the certificate in case of trouble.
- You must be knowledge about the terms and conditions of you motor cover.
- You need to be clear whether your automobile might be towed by an authorized or unauthorized tow company.
- In the case of an accident, be sure to take all details from both parties.
- You must know what the value of your vehicle is.
- Consider your vehicle security day and night, for example, do you keep your motor in a secure or closed area?
- By having a tracking system, immobilizer or alarm installed, you can save a lot on your insurance rates.
How To Find The Best Online Prices in South Africa
The first thing anyone should do when searching for automobile cover, is to compare South African policies. By doing this, you can be sure that you get the best deal while still maintaining low monthly rates. Of course, you can go to each company and ask them for a coverage quote – but isn’t that just a waste of your time when there are people like us that will do it for you for free?
Just complete your details in the form we provide on our site, and you will be given the best insurance rates in South Africa. Thanks for visiting!
Other types of insurance you may be interested in:
- Life Insurance
- Medical Aid
- Hospital Plans
- Legal Cover
- Home Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Funeral Cover
- FSB fines Assupol for contravention of insurance act - Business Day (registration)
- States Seek to Shore Up Health Insurance Markets - Wall Street Journal (subscription)
- How important is mobile phone insurance? 3 things you should know - Mirror.co.uk
- Akshay Kumar's new brainchild: An insurance scheme for stuntmen, stuntwomen - Hindustan Times
- Private flood insurance proposals floated - Daily Comet
Motor plan insurance loosely refers to a motor maintenance plan, service plan (both of which are actually non-insurance products), and a car warranty (which is an insurance product). Many of the providers of motor plan insurance in South Africa offer all three products, either separately, or as a combined product. The benefits of having your motor plan being a stand alone maintenance plan for example, or a combination of the three is discussed below.
Let’s firstly get the most important thing out of the way, i.e. neither a vehicle maintenance plan nor a service plan are insurance products. They are continuous services which you enjoy benefit of regardless of future uncertain events, like the mechanical breakdown of an engine. Warranties for cars on the other hand are insurance policies to mitigate the financial burden you would otherwise incur if your car’s mechanical or electronic parts malfunctioned, which might or might not happen.
NOTE: Your personal information is confidential, and we will never rent or resell it to anyone. It will only be used to call you back and then provide you with a motor warranty solution.
A stand alone offer like a service plan means that you make an upfront payment for the regular service of your car, as stipulated by the manufacturer. These services are carried out at certain times or at certain mileage readings on the odometer, or whichever comes first. The benefit of a stand alone product like this is that service due to you is made certain when you make your upfront payment. This could be at any time during the duration of your ownership of the vehicle. Thus, you do not have to worry about dishing out tonnes of cash for each and every service. It’s equally common for single motor plan insurance to be purchased by owners of new and used cars. For new cars, this is usually a top up of an existing or expired motor plan. And of course for owners of used cars, you should buy a single motor plan because your second-hand car doesn’t come standard with one. With a stand alone plan, what might be covered in a service plan might not be covered in a maintenance plan or car warranty. The benefit of that of course is that it makes the product more attractive because its cheaper, but you might be missing out on other valuable benefits. You should consider what you want from each motor plan before you commit to a specific offering.
The alternative to the above is a combination of two or all three of those options in your motor plan insurance. The obvious benefit would be that you get covered for every possible need and issue for your car. Most car makers offer new car buyers these sort of plans, and increasingly to used car buyers as well. The all-inclusive option of motor plans in South Africa are usually more expensive than the individual products however.
Here’s some more advice on your motor plan insurance options: Compare and buy each product separately if that will cover you the same way as an all-inclusive motor plan would. Else, purchase the latter.
payments - no lump
assistance - for free
Covers you incase of
mechanical failure of your cars components
Get it if your car:
- is a passenger car
- has less than 300 000kms
- is less than 15 years old
Terms & Conditions | Extended Car Warranty | Motor Plan Insurance South Africa | Copyright Warranty Extender 2014
- Do you know the difference between a Service Plan, a Maintenance Plan and a Warranty?
- The Difference Between a Motor Plan vs Service Plan
- The difference between a Motor Car Warranty and a Guarantee
Car insurance - Tips to help you save
Insurance companies calculate your monthly car insurance premiums based on your specific risk profile. How the car insurance company rates your risk will determine what you pay. Our online application form above allows you to obtain insurance quotes from our list of recommended insurance providers. Comparing insurance quotes has never been so easy, see how much the competition varies for your used car!
Increase your car insurance excess
Increasing excess on your car insurance policy will decrease your monthly premium. Just make sure that you have the means to cover the excess you choose in the event of a car accident.
Drive your car safely
An accident free driving history will mean your risk profile decreases and will reduce the insurance premium on your car. Driving defensively is the best way to avoid accidents.
Choose your car carefully
Some used cars carry higher risks because they are prime hijack or theft targets as well as high performance cars which are accident risks. Statistically drivers of flashy high performance vehicles drive more recklessly and therefore car insurance premiums are significantly higher. Choosing a low insurance risk vehicle will greatly reduce your monthly insurance premiums.
Keep your car locked up
Parking your car in a secure area both at work and at home will likely decrease your risk. This can in turn greatly reduce the insurance premium on your vehicle.
Install Alarm, anti-hijack and satellite tracking
When getting an insurance quote, get advice from your car insurance provider on how different security devices will affect your monthly insurance premium. Depending on the value and type of car, fitting extra security measures can be well worthwhile to enhance the safety of your car as well as reduce the monthly insurance premiums.
Enquire about discounts
Discounts or specials may apply if you have multiple policies with the same insurance provider. These insurance discounts can equate to a lot of money saved in the long run, you also get the added value of only having to deal with one insurance company.
Please note that tips provided on car insurance are meant only as a guide to the user.