Sheilas wheels car insurance freepost addresses
Why is providing my proof of no Claim Discount important?
The number of years of No Claim Discount that you build up has a big effect on your overall premium so we, along with most other insurers and brokers, ask to see proof of this to cross-check the information that you’ve provided. Unfortunately, if you do not send us your proof of No Claim Discount within the agreed timescales your policy will be cancelled. You will then be charged for the period of time that we provided your cover, a cancellation fee of £65 and an additional fee from the insurer that is underwriting your policy.
There will also be no refund given for any Optional Extras purchased other than Breakdown Assistance Cover where there will be a pro rata charge. Therefore please make sure you send us the required documentation as quickly as possible in the pre-paid envelope provided.
What documents do I need to provide?
If you joined us following the renewal date of another policy, we need you to send us either of the following:
- The original renewal invitation pack from your previous insurer. It must show your renewal date, the number of years of No Claim Discount you have and details of any claims and convictions.
- A letter from your previous insurer showing the same information as above. They will provide you with this information upon request.
In either case, the renewal date should be the start date of your policy with us. If there has been a gap since your previous car insurance expired, we will require a short covering letter giving the reasons for the break in cover.
If you cancelled your last policy before your renewal date, we need you to send us the following:
- A letter of cancellation. It should show the policy cancellation date, the number of years No Claim Discount you have and details of any claims or convictions. The cancellation date should be the start date of your policy with us. If there has been a gap since your previous car insurance policy expired, we will require a short covering letter giving the reasons for the break in cover.
If your last insurance was through a company car scheme:
- Please call us on 0345 604 3683 and we’ll let you know whether we are able to provide cover and what proof we require.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept proof of No Claim Discount earned:
- in another country
- on a commercial vehicle policy
- on a motor traders policy
- on a caravan
- on a motor home policy
- more than two years ago
In all cases, the No Claim Discount should be in your name and can’t be used on more than one policy at a time. If the vehicle registration shown on your proof of No Claim Discount is different from the vehicle registration shown in your schedule, please include a note to confirm that you have changed your vehicle.
Do you accept photocopies of documents?
No, you must send us original proof of your No Claim Discount.
What should I write on my proof of No Claim Discount?
Please write your customer reference number in the top right corner.
Will you return my proof of No Claim Discount?
We are unable to return your evidence of No Claim Discount once it has been used for your policy with us.
What if I have additional questions about what to send?
If you have any queries please call our Customer Service team on 0345 604 3683.
Your must provide us with proof of driving entitlement for all named drivers.
- Why do I have to provide proof of my driving entitlement for all drivers?
- What if I don't?
- What do I have to provide?
- What if my driving licence is registered to my old address?
1. Why do I have to provide proof of my driving entitlement for all drivers?
Your driving history and that of the additional drivers you name on your policy will have a significant effect on your overall premium. We have chosen to request copies of all driving licence summaries to confirm the information we have is accurate.
2. What if I don’t?
If you do not send us the relevant driving entitlement information within the agreed timescales your policy will be cancelled. You will then be charged for the period of time that you were provided your cover, a cancellation fee of £150 if your box has been installed, or £65 if it has not. This is in addition to any fee from the insurer that is underwriting your policy. No refund is given for any Optional Extras purchased, other than Breakdown Assistance Cover, where there will be a pro rata charge.
Therefore please make sure you send us the required documentation using the Upload Document facility in your online account as quickly as possible. You can also send us the details to:
Freepost Plus RTKS-KSBS-AUZC
19 Cadogan Street
3. What do I have to provide?
You need to provide us with copies of the DVLA Sharing Service Licence Summary for all drivers named on the policy. These can be generated from the DVLA website found here.
We have created a step by step guide to help:
- Please have your driving licence, National Insurance number and postcode to hand.
- Visit the DVLA website, enter your details and click ‘View now’.
- Go to the ‘Share your licence information’ tab in the top right corner.
- Click ‘Create a code’.
- Click ‘View, print or save your licence information’ to download a PDF copy of your information.
- Save the Licence Summary Document and then upload it to your Online Portal. If you’re unsure how to upload a document, you can find out how to do it here. Alternatively, you can print and send it to the Freepost address shown above.
- Make sure you complete this for all named drivers on the policy.
4. What if my driving licence is registered to my old address?
As the DVLA can sometimes take a few weeks to issue a new licence, we will accept a copy of two utility bills (within the last 3 months) confirming your current address together with your licence summary at your old address. Once you download your new driving licence summary from the DVLA, please send to us using the Upload Document facility in your online account, or post to us using the Freepost address above.
Have you had a look at our FAQs to see if your question has already been answered? If not, please call, email or write to us.
All lines are open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturday 9am - 1pm.
Quotes and Sales 0800 917 0436
Customer Service 0345 604 3683
Renewal Hotline 0345 604 3684
Payment Queries 0345 604 3683
24 hour Claims Helpline 0345 604 3574
Optional Extras Claims:
24 hour Breakdown Assistance Cover 0800 085 3714
Personal Injury Cover 0345 604 4205
Car Hire Cover 0345 604 4207
Motoring Legal Protection 0345 604 4209
Handbag Cover 0345 604 7483
Please include your name, postcode and customer reference number. We normally respond to emails within 3 working days.
Write to us
Sheilas’ Wheels Broker
19 Cadogan Street
If you have a complaint, please write to:
Sheilas’ Wheels Broker
You can view our full complaints procedure here.
esure broker Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of esure Services Limited which is a part of the esure Group of companies. esure broker Limited, trading as Sheilas’ Wheels Broker, is a limited company registered in England and Wales. esure broker Limited’s registered company number is 07464424, and its registered office is at The Observatory, Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0SG.
esure broker Limited’s VAT registration number is 974 8812 67. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
esure broker Limited is an appointed representative of esure Services Limited registered in England and Wales number 02135610 and its registered office is at The Observatory, Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0SG. esure Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with register number 312063. The Financial Conduct Authority website, which includes a register of all regulated firms, can be visited at www.fca.org.uk, or they can be contacted by calling 0800 111 6788.