The bike insurance uk car
Optional Extras - tailor your cover to suit your needs
- Personal Accident Cover - Give yourself and your family peace of mind should you experience an accident on your motorbike with cover of up to £10,000 in the event of: accidental death, loss of sight, loss of limb or permanent total disability. Included with Bike Insurance Plus
- Excess Protect Cover - Claim up to £600 of your policy excess back in the event of: accidental damage, fire, theft or vandalism
- Helmet & Leathers Cover - up to £1,000 cover for your helmet, protective clothing, leathers, gloves and boots following an accident regardless of who was to blame for the accident. Included with Bike Insurance Plus
- Legal Expenses Cover - Protect yourself after an accident that wasn’t your fault, with up to £100,000 of legal costs to help you seek recovery of uninsured losses
- Bike Hire Plus Cover - Provides a replacement bike for up to 14 days in the event of your vehicle being unrideable following: theft, attempted theft, fire, vandalism and accidental damage
- Key Protection Cover - Protection for any lost or stolen keys attached to your key fob
- RAC Breakdown Cover (UK and European options available) - 24 hour assistance in the event of a bike breakdown
Full terms and conditions of these products can be found in the Policy Wording.Get a quote
Alternatively, call us for a quote on 0330 159 1156.
Monday-Thursday: 9:00am – 8:00pm, Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 4:00pm. Closed Sundays & Bank Holidays.
Types of cover
Third party only - Covers damage to other people's vehicles and property.
Third party, fire and theft - This policy covers the same as third party only, but also includes, theft of vehicle, damage to your vehicle during theft and fire damage.
Comprehensive policy – The most wide-ranging level of cover. This policy includes everything covered by Third party, fire and theft along with accidental damage cover and loss or damage to your scooter.
Why do I need Scooter Insurance?
Motorbike Insurance offers riders cover that echoes the lower costs and reduced risks that come with owning a scooter. Often more practical than owning a considerably larger vehicle, like a sports motorbike, especially when it comes to manoeuvring around busy city centres, scooters offer motorists a sensible and cost effective alternative for short commutes or quick visits to the shops:
- With the level of freedom they provide to younger riders, not having to wait that extra year to take their driving licence, or having to rely on the night bus to get home, or worse, needing to get a lift from mum and dad, scooters are ever popular with youngsters.
- Likewise, speed limiters on modern scooters mean most vehicles won’t go over 30mph. The savings that can be made with the amazing fuel economy mean scooters are popular with parents alike; knowing their children will be riding safely and cheaply.
- For the more experienced rider having a smaller vehicle to make the shorter trips can prove to be a great money saver.
As it is mandatory in the UK for all vehicles to be insured it is therefore a legal requirement for your scooter to be insured. Regardless of whether you only use your scooter during the summer holidays or have it stored somewhere for the winter, it has to be insured. Exceptions are only given to vehicles with a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice) sent to them by the DVLA. With the government cracking down on motorists with new Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) regulations, motorists without insurance can find themselves with a £1,000 fine, possible court prosecution or your scooter being seized and destroyed.
- Moped insurance
- Scooter insurance
- 125cc insurance
- Quad insurance
- Classic bike insurance
- Multi-bike insurance
- Trike insurance
Insurance by bike make
- Aprilia insurance
- BMW insurance
- Ducati insurance
- Honda insurance
- Kawasaki insurance
- Suzuki insurance
- Triumph insurance
- Yamaha insurance
- How to save
- Making a claim
- New riders
- Security & theft
- Travelling abroad
Easy to follow motorcycle insurance comparison
Get an insurance quote from a wide range of trusted motorbike insurers. Our form is quick and simple to use and in just a few steps you can view multiple quotes, saving you time and effort surfing the web.
MCN Compare doesn't just save you time either - you could have more money in your pocket too. Customers can save over £150** through comparing motorcycle insurance quotes with us. It you're a moped rider, then we do moped insurance too, so don't forget to check out MCN Compare to get a good deal.
You can also find a wide range of motorcycle insurance help and advice, with numerous articles on how you can get a cheap motorcycle insurance deal, plus advice on a wide range of bike insurance topics, such as insurance for amateur motorsport, travel, guides to safe commuting and more. You can find the necessary motorcycle insurance advice right here, then compare bike insurance in just a few steps.
Terms and conditions
MCN Compare is a trading name of Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, an Appointed Representative of Vast Visibility Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 566973.
Calls to 0844 numbers on this page cost 5p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.
Full MCN Compare Terms & Conditions can be found here
* For full savings research and promotion information, please click here
**16% of 546 MCNcompare.com customers surveyed in February 2014 saved over £150 on their insurance. The average saving was £89. Source: Bauer Research
By combining car and motorbike insurance from both Bikesure and our sister company Adrian Flux, covering both your vehicles in one place, you could save money with introductory discounts, as well as saving yourself time and hassle on hunting for cover.
With the huge range of bikes covered by us, and cars and other vehicles covered by our friends over at Adrian Flux, you can get insurance for practically any combination of cars and bikes – whatever you own, whichever you use most often, and whatever your driving history.
Want to find out more about Adrian Flux and Bikesure's car and bike insurance? Call us today on 0800 369 8590.
Motorbike and Car Insurance
With both car and motorcycle insurance from Bikesure, you can take advantage of some of our specialist discounts, as well as saving on the time and hassle of finding your insurance.
From introductory discounts, even for drivers or bikers with no years NCB, to limited-mileage discounts (you can't use both vehicles at the same time, after all), we could help you to save money by handling both of your policies for you.
Plus, combining your car and motorbike insurance doesn't have to mean that you miss out on the flexibility and tailored approach that Bikesure and Adrian Flux both offer – each vehicle will have its own excess and cover levels.
Plus, with access to policies that cover all types of bike, car, van, camper and more, as well as a range of additional insurance products and discounts, including breakdown cover, keycare, limited mileage policies and no claims bonuses, your level of cover and premium can be tailored to your needs and budget.
Click the quote button below or call 0800 369 8590 today for more information and to get a quote.
"Get a Quote"
Get a Quote