Vw car insurance online quote
- Find the right insurance for your vehicle
- Which cover is right for you?
- Learn more
- You may also be interested in...
- We cater to both the newly insured and those switching policies
- Regularly reevaluate your car insurance coverage
- How CarInsuranceQuotes.com finds great rates for you
- Compare premium costs easily
- Use our expert car insurance resources
In this section... Show more
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- Fire, Theft and Third Party Insurance
- Classic Car Insurance
- Unique Car Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Fleet and Small Business Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
Find the right insurance for your vehicle
At RACQ, we provide insurance cover for cars and motorcycles registered in Queensland against loss or damage.
As Queensland’s leading provider of car insurance we have a policy to suit your lifestyle and vehicle, including unique and classic cars.
Get a $50 discount when you buy insurance online. Get a quote today.
Comprehensive Car InsuranceCoverage wherever you are, whoever is driving and whatever the weather.
Third Party Liability InsuranceIf you cause a car accident, the cost of fixing other people’s cars can add up. Take out third party cover so you’re not hit with big bills.
Fire, Theft and Third Party InsuranceProtection for more than just the basics with our mid-range cover.
Classic Car InsuranceIf you’ve poured your heart and soul into restoring a vintage car – or you’ve poured your savings into buying a classic vehicle – make sure it’s protected.
Unique Car InsuranceGet specialist cover for your tailored car. Whether it’s a luxury, modified or performance vehicle, we’ll help you protect it.
Motorcycle InsuranceWhether it’s your weekend touring bike or your everyday ride, get comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance to protect your wheels.
Fleet and Small Business InsuranceKeep your business moving forward, with comprehensive cover for your fleet or business cars.
Compare Car InsuranceAre you after comprehensive insurance or just some basic cover? Compare car insurance side-by-side to see what you get with RACQ.
Which cover is right for you?
Need help understanding car insurance? We break down the basics so you can pick the product that's right for you.Watch the video "Learn more" on YouTube.com
You may also be interested in...
Get a Pet Insurance quote now
Protect your four-legged friend against injury or illness.
RACQ members can access a wide range of discounts and benefits
Ways to save
See how you can save when you take out RACQ Insurance.
Insurance products (excluding Travel Insurance and the Life and Income Protection Insurance suite of products) are issued by RACQ Insurance Limited – ABN 50 009 704 152. Contact our stores, agencies or phone 13 1905 to obtain a copy of the relevant Product Disclosure Statement. Please read our PDS carefully before you make any decisions about our products. Conditions, limits and exclusions apply.
Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online with Quotezone.co.uk
With Quotezone you can compare car insurance quotes from over 100 UK insurance providers in one go.
Whether you’re looking for classic car insurance, cheap car insurance for your hatchback, an affordable quick insurance quote for your SUV, or a good family car insurance policy, Quotezone may be able to help you find a great deal. Our UK insurance panel provides insurance for a range of different cars.
Quotezone’s simple one-two-three quote system can help you find a quick car insurance quote - just tell us about your car, yourself, and what type of cover you want, and we could provide you with dozens of quotes in just a few minutes! We could help find great deals for almost anyone including over 50s, young drivers, women and learner drivers and for a range of vehicles including classic cars, performance cars, and modified cars.
Your resulting quotes are shown from cheapest to most expensive, with information on what’s included in the policy. Things like voluntary and compulsory excess, windscreen cover, monthly payments (some with deposits and some with no deposit), and any special offers, are displayed in a list for you to review. You can get more information on every quote, and buy your preferred policy directly online or by phone.
Your quotes are saved in your own Personal Quote Centre where you can review them at any time. Your details are remembered so you can get new car insurance quotes instantly. From your Personal Quote Centre you can also compare quotes for a wide range of different insurance types.
Quotezone is entirely free to use and we’re a totally independent and impartial insurance comparison site. So far over 3 million people have compared insurance with Quotezone Join them today complete a quick insurance quote and see if we could help save you money on your car insurance!
If you are a Polish national residing in the UK, Quotezone could help you find a better deal on your UK car insurance: Ubezpieczenie SamochoduCar Insurance Guide
Most kinds of insurance are optional, but car insurance is one of the few that is required by law. If a car is driven on the road, it must have car insurance according to UK law. The only exception is if a car has a Statutory Off-Road Notice, which means that by law the car can’t be driven on the road, but also doesn’t require insurance.
Types of Car Insurance
UK car insurance comes in three main categories:
Third party: This is the minimum legal requirement for car insurance. It’s a basic form of insurance that covers the costs of any damage incurred while driving. For example, if a driver is in an accident with another car, the at-fault driver is liable for damage to the other person’s car, and for any medical expenses they incur as a result of the accident. Note, however, that the insurance does not cover the costs of damage to the car belonging to the driver who is deemed at fault.
Third party, fire, and theft: This is similar to third party insurance, but also covers the cost of replacing a car if it’s stolen or damaged in a fire.
Comprehensive cover: Provides everything as above, but also covers costs for repairing the car belonging to an at-fault driver.
Depending on the insurer and the policy, the driver may be covered when driving other cars, including hired cars. Some policies also allow the policyholder to name other drivers to be covered when driving their car.
Car insurance providers offer coverage for a wide range of special groups, including older and younger drivers and others. For example:
- Younger drivers typically pay higher premiums, because this demographic tends to get in more accidents. As a result, for drivers under 25 it may be worthwhile to get a policy targeted to this age group.
- Older drivers over the age of 50 may also benefit from getting a specialist policy.
- Poor driving record: It’s typically difficult for people with poor driving records, to get affordable insurance. Choosing a specialist insurance provider can help with this.
- Business and commercial drivers typically need specialist insurance.
These options add convenience, but will increase the cost of insurance:
- Breakdown cover provides roadside assistance when the policyowner’s car breaks down.
- Legal expenses are covered if they arise as a result of compensation claims made as a result of a vehicle-related accident.
- Windscreen cover is typically included in comprehensive policies but can be purchased as an add on for third party cover.
Car Insurance Groups
Car insurance groups are what insurance providers use to determine a driver’s basic premium level. Insurance groups are numbered from 1 to 50, and each make and model of car is categorised into a specific group based on a wide range of factors. The lower a car’s group, the lower the driver’s premiums tend to be. Factors that affect the group a car is in could include its price, performance level, the cost and availability of spare parts, and the average time required for repairs.
In order to compare car insurance online, it could be good to look at a number of different factors to get the best prices and the best level of coverage. A person could start by comparing like with like, as well as comparing different kinds of policies. For example, comparing third party policies from various insurers, and also comparing the different policy levels offered by the same insurer. Making the comparison this way may make it easy to see what the best deals are. Sometimes, depending on the car the driver’s personal circumstances, comprehensive cover might be almost as cheap as third party insurance.
Minimising Premium Costs
One possible way to get cheap car insurance could be by owning a car in one of the lowest premium groups. This typically means owning a newer car. When it comes to calculating premiums, insurance groups may not be the full story, however. Insurance companies might use other information, such as age, gender, and driving record, when they calculate premiums. Home address could also taken into consideration; for example, if a driver lives in a high-crime area, they might pay more as insurers consider the car more likely to be damaged or stolen.
Some ways to reduce premium costs might include:
- Drivers that avoid making claims may benefit from a premium discount; the discount typically gets higher with consecutive claim-free years.
- The no-claims discount may often be transferred to a new insurance provider if a driver finds a better deal elsewhere.
- The no-claims discount doesn’t necessarily prevent an insurer from increasing premium costs. It’s a discount applied to whatever the premium is, so the premium could increase even if the discount remains the same.
- Most policies have two separate excess amounts. One is set by the insurer and is an integral part of the policy. The second is one that the driver may set themselves. To reduce their premium a driver could opt to set this excess higher, but it does mean they tend to pay more out of pocket if they have to make a claim. And since the excess has a mandatory per-policy component, there could be an excess to pay on every claim regardless of how high the voluntary excess is set.
- Car modifications of any kind could result in a premium increase, so it may be good idea for a driver to check with their insurer before adding any mods.
- Paying premiums annually rather than monthly could reduce the cost significantly.
CarInsuranceQuotes.com makes comparing car insurance quotes from different insurance providers fast and easy!
It’s simple: If you drive a car, you need car insurance. Almost every state in the U.S. requires that drivers have at least basic liability coverage. You should also consider additional coverages, such as uninsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, personal injury protection and comprehensive car insurance to make sure you’re always prepared for the unexpected.
Depending upon your circumstances, you may need more than just the basics. We help you find the right insurance rates that meet all of your needs. Simply provide us with some basic information and we’ll deliver free car insurance quotes for you to compare and consider.
We cater to both the newly insured and those switching policies
If you’re buying insurance for the first time, we help you find carriers with coverage plans that make sense for your situation.
Already have auto insurance coverage? We can help with that as well by giving you quotes that may save you money.
Regularly reevaluate your car insurance coverage
Even if you think your current insurance coverage is fine, it never hurts to explore your options. Many things affect auto insurance rates, including:
- Moving to a new state.
- Getting married.
- Getting a new job closer to home.
- Your credit score.
- Purchasing a new car that has modern safety features such as anti-lock brakes, air bags, and an alarm system.
Taking a defensive driving course or just improving your driving record on your own may also affect insurance rates. Even buying a home can change what you pay in auto insurance.
No matter your situation, it pays to shop around for car insurance quotes at least once a year. Insurance companies adjust rates all the time which means the amount you paid for coverage last year may be lower this year.
How CarInsuranceQuotes.com finds great rates for you
We make getting the lowest car insurance quote and comparing rates from insurance companies quick and easy. We respect your privacy, and always keep your personal information secure. All we need from you are answers to a few questions, such as:
- Your age and gender
- Your marital status and education level
- Your credit rating
- Your occupation
- Your driving history, along with the history of other drivers in the household
- Your vehicle make and model
We also need your ZIP code and the best way of contacting you. We take it from there.
We connect you with local and national insurance companies ready to provide quotes quickly and accurately, within just a few minutes. You receive information from multiple carriers, all by filling in one form on our site. Our free car insurance quotes come from many different insurance companies, including the nation’s top insurers including Allstate, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, and Esurance.
Compare premium costs easily
Comparing car insurance quotes can be confusing and frustrating. We make it straightforward and simple. The best way to find a great price is by looking at several quotes, all based on the same data input, side-by-side. This way you’ll never pay more than you have to for auto insurance.
Use our expert car insurance resources
In addition to giving you quotes, CarInsuranceQuotes.com also offers expert news, information and articles about auto insurance to keep you informed. After viewing our resources, if you think you deserve better insurance rates, sign up for free car insurance quotes today.